Alpine Shire Council is a small progressive council in north east Victoria. Learn how using an integrated website can deliver huge improvements in online services for residents
Client Since 2018
The Alpine Shire Council (Alpine) is a small progressive council in north-eastern Victoria. In 2019, Symphony3 were engaged by Alpine Shire to help deliver an enhanced digital experience to the community. Symphony3’s platform helped deliver digital transformation via a new website and associated dashboard.Symphony3 worked closely with Alpine Shire staff to drive digital transformation and to provide a platform that enables Alpine to continuously grow and improve its service delivery.
Requirement: New website and project dashboard
Symphony3 implemented a shared platform with new corporate website and an integrated project dashboard.
- Old website delivering poor customer experience.
- Projects and services managed across multiple spreadsheets and systems.
- No accountability or transparency across projects and poor project visibility for executives.
Solution Symphony3 Delivered
- A secure SaaS platform providing:
- A new visually impressive, easy-to-use website.
- A capital works dashboard focused on providing simple visibility of projects to all stakeholders.
- Platform integration to data sources including the GIS and Xero finance system.
Client Benefits and Outcomes
- Enhanced customer experience – easy to use, visually impressive website.
- Project dashboard that provides all stakeholders with easy-to digest information and delivers on the council promise to be transparent and accountable.
- Residents and stakeholders have clear sight of how money is spent.
- Projects are better managed by staff, ensuring better use of resources and taxpayers’ money.
- CEO and General Managers can see the progress of every project.
- Automation of manual processes. Integration between platform and core system saves hundreds of hours of manual data entry every year.
Capital Works project delivery increased to > 80% from < 60%.
“It’s an incredibly transparent and efficient way of communicating the performance of our project delivery to our community, councillors, government and internal team members.”
- Charlie Bird. CEO, Alpine Shire Council.