Streamlining services with advanced digital services and system integration.
About Golden Plain Shire
Client since 2014.
Golden Plains covers 2,705 square kilometres with a population of circa 20,000. Whilst it is one of the smallest Local Government Areas in Victoria it is also amongst the fastest growing. 56 communities and 16 townships.
Requirement: Digital transformation via the Symphony3 platform
Council needed website redevelopment and smooth integration to core business systems.
- Cluttered website(s) and poor search making it difficult for citizens to find information.
- No integration to internal systems meaning lots of manual data entry and associated errors.
- Staff not empowered to create engaging content and communications.
- Limited internal technical resources.
Solution Symphony3 Delivered
- A new WCAG AA 2.1 compliant website built on the Symphony3 shared platform (Drupal 9) and utilising Solr search for advanced search.
- Use of design-system to replicate existing designs quickly by utilising premade UI components and elements.
- Migration of content from old website to new site.
- A customer service portal integrated with OpenOffice, Altus/Synergysoft.
- Staff trained and documentation provided to enable ongoing content management by Golden Plains with limited or no user support required.
Client Benefits and Outcomes
- Superior customer experience: Website delivering enhanced digital experience including great search and digital service delivery via online forms.
- Automation of processes: Integration of online forms with core systems now eliminates manual processing.
- Cost savings: By reusing code, designs and forms developed by other councils.
- Unlocking staff potential: Fully trained staff have access to better digital tools enabling employees to design great-looking pages and content.
Staff have access to better digital tools to design great-looking pages and content.