Pyrenees Shire Council came to Symphony3 looking for a solution that would enable them to manage projects more efficiently and to better communicate on projects and capital works initiatives that were happening or were due to happen to their community.
Opportunity: Project Management Dashboard
Pyrenees Shire Council came to Symphony3 looking for a solution that would enable them to manage projects more efficiently and to better communicate on projects and capital works initiatives that
were happening or were due to happen to their community.
Council’s project management was somewhat ad- hoc with no clear governance structure or framework in place and with multiple spreadsheets and
project management tools being used across the organisation. In addition:
- Community were unable to see how council money was being spent to improve their locality.
- Frustration among councillors as information on projects in the pipeline and in progress was not accessible.
- Projects managed across multiple spreadsheets and systems.
- Lack of internal visibility on progress of projects among senior management, leading to delayed decision-making when project delays and issues occurred.
- No tools for managing accountability for progress of projects among employees.
Solution Symphony3 Delivered
A secure SaaS platform providing a capital works and project dashboard providing:
- An easy to manage governance framework to enable the project management office to create an organisation-wide project management governance structure.
- A simple interface to enter and manage all council projects facilitating entry of up-to-date information on all projects.
- All projects presented to internal stakeholders in a simple digestible format via graphs, maps and traffic light system.
- A customer facing external dashboard providing transparency of project progress and future project pipeline to the community.
- Integration to Active Directory to manage logins and permissions of all internal users.
Client Benefits and Outcomes
Capital works and Project dashboard that provides all stakeholders with easy-to digest information and delivers on the council promise to be transparent and accountable.
- Residents and stakeholders have clear sight of how money is spent in their area.
- Councillors and senior management have the tools to communicate to residents improvements being made in their locality.
- Projects are better managed by staff, ensuring better use of resources and taxpayers’ money.
- CEO and General Managers can see the progress of every project and ensure project overruns and issues are identified and rectified early.
- Integration with Active Directory means access and permissions between the platform and core system is synced.
“The implementation of the Symphony3 project dashboard has had a significant positive impact on our council’s project management practices. It has greatly enhanced our ability to effectively manage projects, ensuring that our community is well-informed about ongoing initiatives. Our councillors utilise the dashboard to communicate project updates and inform residents about the progress being made in their specific areas. Internally, the dashboard has played a crucial role in reinforcing our project governance framework by establishing a clear structure and fostering accountability within our project management processes.”
- Jim Nolan. CEO, Pyrenees Shire Council.