On July 14th we welcomed world-renowned web and usability expert Gerry McGovern to the Connected Citizen webinar to talk to us about his two passions.
Less is more - Gerry McGovern on customer-centric websites and reducing digital waste
On July 14th 2022 we welcomed world-renowned web and usability expert Gerry McGovern to the Connected Citizen webinar to talk to us about his two passions.
- How to create websites that truly deliver user’s needs using the Top Tasks method.
- Reducing digital waste – how better digital practices can reduce your carbon footprint.
You can watch the webinar recording below.
Hear first-hand from someone The Irish Times describes as “one of five visionaries who have had a major impact on the development of the web”.
- Learn how the top tasks methodology ensures websites deliver what users want.
- See how the leading organisations around the world are delivering great website experiences.
- Simple steps to start applying top tasks to your organisation's website.
- Examples of digital waste and why it is a growing problem with devastating impacts on the climate
- Learn how you can adopt leaner web practices (including top tasks) to ensure your organisation reduces its digital footprint and as a result its carbon footprint.
About Gerry McGovern
Gerry has developed Top Tasks, an information design framework that helps identify what truly matters to people, design an information architecture, and measure the ability of people to complete top tasks.
It was developed over a 15-year period and has been used worldwide by thousands of organisations. Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, Toyota, IBM, the European Union, US, UK, Dutch, Canadian, Norwegian, and Irish governments have used it.
A highly regarded speaker, Gerry has spoken about designing simpler digital experiences in more than 40 countries. He has written eight books. His latest is called World Wide Waste: How digital is killing the planet and what to do about it.
The Irish Times has described Gerry as one of five visionaries who have had a major impact on the development of the Web. He has appeared on BBC, CNN and CNBC television, partaken in various radio shows, and featured in numerous print media publications. He is the founder of Customer Carewords, a consultancy that implements the Top Tasks framework.