Our Drupal local government platform has been designed with local government in mind.
Our consultants have worked in local government for many years. We know how local government works. We know how complex they are as organisations. We know the average local government in Australia delivers 125 different services and has multiple internal systems.
Drupal meets the needs of Local Government
We live in an increasingly digital world. Today's customers and stakeholders expect to be able to interact with organisations 24/7. Government organisations (local, state and federal) are no exception. With citizens increasingly expecting more sophisticated digital services, a powerful digital platform has become imperative for reliable service delivery.
Drupal is the most flexible, scalable and affordable platform to deliver these services. Drupal is used by millions of the most sophisticated websites around the world as their CMS (Content Management System). This includes thousands of government and local government websites who have already made the switch. (See a list of government sites on Drupal):
In Australia, the federal government has mandated the use of Drupal on over 300 of its websites. This has also driven the adoption of Drupal in state and local government. Read some of our client stories to find out how some of our local government clients are using Drupal.
Importantly, with customers demanding increasingly sophisticated digital services, not all Drupal sites are the same. The Symphony3 digital platform is built specifically to meet local government needs and builds on the basic Drupal functionality by integrating Drupal with other web services and solutions as well as internal systems.
Why is our Drupal Platform Different?
Our Drupal local government platform has been designed with local government in mind. Our platform can deliver many of the digital services citizens are demanding with minimal configuration. The platform can be quickly learned by internal staff with basic IT skills. Modules available by default include:
- Content Management with fully accessible and responsive page creation
- News and blogs
- Social media
- Logins and my account sections
- Email newsletters
- Online forms and payments
- Grants (online)
- Community consultations - surveys and voting platforms
- CRM - capture all your website interactions in one place
- Mapping - find what's near you functionality (integrates with Internal GIS systems)
- Facility bookings
- Full integration with internal systems
- Drupal is only one part of our overall platform - we use a range of open source solutions including CRM, web services solutions, GIS solutions and more to deliver a holistic digital platform.
- Unlike many Drupal CMS instances, our platform is built with integration in mind. Our mission is to help you deliver simple, connected customer experiences. This is not possible using some of the common drupal configurations and hosting environments used by local governments.
Digital Guidance and Advice
Our consultants have worked in local government for many years. We know how local government works. We know how complex they are as organisations. We know the average local government in Australia delivers 125 different services and has multiple internal systems. Our platform is built with this in mind.
- We provide our clients with a digital roadmap as a first step - this outlines the steps you need to take on the digital journey. A roadmap is crucial for navigating complex (and sometimes daunting) digital journeys.
- We get in the trenches with you. We will configure the platform to your needs. We will run workshops to help you ascertain your needs and the needs of the community. We will provide onsite and online training to all staff and in-depth knowledge transfer to digital officers.
- We will provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure your site performs optimally at all times.